Motherload is made by XGen Studios.
Gather resources and buy upgrades to dig as far as you can.
|Intro||** Transmission Received ** 'Mr. Natas' We forgot to refuel you on the way over! Drive over to the fuel station(Left) and fill 'er up! It's been almost impossible to hire decent miners on Mars since all the strange activity started happening around here. That's why we're willing to pay you at premium for your servers! I've given you a basic mining machine to get started with. Unfortunately, you'll be on your own from this point onward, as the settlers who were lucky enough to escape with their lives have fled to safety. However all of the shops here have been computerized, so you'll still be able to sell your minerals, fuel up, upgrade your pod, and buy special items. Remember - your job is to collect minerals and bring them back to the surface for processing. The deeper you dig, the more valuable the minerals you'll encounter. Don't forget to refuel - Good Luck! ** Transmission Terminated **|
|First Message (500ft)||** Transmission Received ** Good! I see you're adapting well to Martian soil! Here's a little something to help you on your way. ** Transmission Terminated **||+$1000|
|Second Message (1000ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Mr. Natas' Congratulations on reaching a depth of 1000 ft! I've wired you a bonus for your excellent work. We're picking up some heavy vibrations from the planet core - They seem to be causing some earthquakes. They also seem to be causing some garbled misdirected transmissions - just ignore them. Keep up the good work! ** Transmission Terminated **||+$3000|
|Third Message (1750ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Unidentified Source' The eyes... oh my god, THE EYES!!! ** Transmission Terminated **|
|Forth Message (2100ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Martian Digging Pod #3422-2' I'm suprised to find another signal around here... I'm the only miner who hasn't disappeared in the past three years. Next week, I finally get to retire, wealthy, to the moons of jupiter with my wife and three daughters. ** Transmission Terminated **|
|Fifth Message (2500ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Unidentified Source' Is anyone there?! I need help badly!! I can't feel my legs - Oh god, he's coming back... OH NO!! PLEASE HELP ME!!! ** Transmission Terminated **|
|Sixth Message (3100ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Martian Digging Pod #3422-2' How are you making out, kid? I know you're new here, so I thought I'd give you a tip; make sure you don't neglect your radiator. I ran into a Lava pocket a few moments ago, but my twin turbines dissipated the heat amazingly and my hull was barely damaged - Probably saved my life. ** Transmission Terminated **|
|Seventh Message (3500ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Mr. Natas' Once again, congratulations! You've made it farther than even I Anticipated... Anyways, I've sent you another bonus. Watch out for natural gas pockets - they're Undetectable and highly explosive! One more thing - Your altimeter is only rated for a depth of around 6000 ft. After that, you'll need to turn back. Really - it's just too dangerous. ** Transmission Terminated **||+$20000|
|Eighth Message (4100ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Martian Digging Pod #3422-2' Trapped... in a crevasse. Earthquake damaged my drill and I'm out fuel. This will probably be my last transmission. Tell my kids... I love them.. I- what? YOU!?? what are you doing dow-AAARGH! ** Transmission Terminated **|
|Nineth Message (4500ft)||** Transmission Received ** 'Martian Digging Pod #10043' Oh BABY!!! THIS IS IT!!! I HIT THE MOTHERLOAD!!!!! I'm rich, I'm FILTHY rich!! Hey, what the!?? NO! IT CAN'T BE!!! OH GOD!! ** Transmission Terminated **|
|Malfunction (5812ft)||Once past this depth, the altimeter spouts random numbers and ?s. It is useless now.|
|Tenth Message (6200ft)||**Transmission Received**"Mr. Natas" You are violating the terms of your employment! Turn back immediately! **Transmission Terminated **|
|Eleventh Message (7000ft)||** Transmission Received ** "Mr. Natas" Return to the surface immediately or you'll be terminated... er... as in fired!
|Twelveth Message (7300ft)||(While entering a hole in the most far right corner of pit.)
**Transmission Received** "Mr. Natas"
SEE YOU IN HELL!!!** Transmission Terminated **
|Altimeter turns into the digits -66666, player falls down into a pit of some sort where the must do battle with Mr. Natas (1000 HP).|
|Thirteenth Message||** Transmission Received ** "Mr. Natas"MWAHAHAHA! Imbecile!!
You really think you can defeat me?
I am the master of all EVIL!BEHOLD MY TRUE FORM!!! ***Transmission Terminated ***
|Mr. Natas turns into horned creature with 2000 HP.|
|Final Message||CONGRATULATIONS!FINAL SCORE: (Final Score Here)You defeated Satan in (Number of Martian days) Martian days
You've slaughtered Satan (Number of times slayed) times
Your total play-time is (# of total Martian days) Martian days.
=== [Continue] ===
mineral halved of the original price. Only message 12, 13, 14 can be seen afterward.
|After defeat, large amounts of money are given.|
Depth guide Edit
1st Message from Mr. Natas +$1000
Martian Oiler Bird available
|750'||Platinium First Sighted|
|1000'||2nd Message from Mr. Natas +$3000|
Dinosaur Bones ($1,000)
Treasure Chest ($5,000)
Martian Skelton ($10,000)
Religious Artifact ($50,000)
|1500'||Einsteinium First Sighted|
|1600'||Rocks First Sighted|
Emerald First Sighted
Ruby First Sighted
|3250'||Lava First Sighted|
Diamonds First Sighted
Explosive Gas Pockets
Amazonite First Sighted
|7300'||The Bottom.... and something else.|
Resource List Edit
Credit to todercatney19
All of the last upgrades (Besides the MultiDrill) are automatically applied after finding the Ancient Scroll corresponding to it, which only appear between -3,700ft. and -7,300ft. Each time you start a new game or load a previous save, 1 random Ancient Scroll will appear. The upgrade will be saved with your game until you defeat Mr. Natas and start a new level, however the MultiDrill is permanent, as long as you didn't quit the game between getting the multi-drill and beating the boss.(This is quite harder than it seems.)
Better Drills allow you to drill faster. Rocks, however, can only be drilled through with the MultiDrill
|Material||Drilling Speed ft/s||Cost|
Better Hulls grant more health before dying
Better Engines allow faster movement and ability to fly upwards with more weight (minerals)
|V4 2.0 Ltr Turbo||170||2,000|
|V6 3.8 Ltr||180||5,000|
|V8 Supercharged 5.0 Ltr||190||20,000|
|V12 6.0 Ltr||200||100,000|
|V16 Jag Engine||210||500,000|
Fuel Tanks allow you to go longer without re-fuelling
|Liquid Compression Tank||150||500,000|
Radiators decrease damage done by drilling into Lava and Gas pockets
|Tri-Turbine Freon Array||80%||500,000|
Better Cargo Bays allow you to store more minerals before you have to either dump them or return to surface to sell them
|Reserve Fuel Tank||Refuels 25 Liters to your fuel tank^^||2,000||F|
|Hull Repair Nanobots||Repairs 30 damage (Restores 30hp to Hull)^^||7,500||R|
|Dynamite||Blows up a 3x3 square around your pod^^^||2,000||X|
|Plastic Explosive||Blows up a 5x5 square around your pod^^^||5,000||C|
|Quantum Teleporter||Teleports and launches you up or down near the surface (damage to hull almost definate)||2,000||Q|
|Matter Transmitter||Teleports you safely next to the Fuel Station||10,000||M|
^Can buy more than 1 of each type of equipment at any time and does not weigh your pod down.
^^Cannot repair/refuel up to more than the maximum statistic that you are restoring of your current upgrade
^^^Minerals and Rare Items in the area of the blast will be destroyed
^^^^Dynamite, Plastic Explosives, Quantum Teleporter and Matter Transmitter can only be used if you are touching the floor
Upgrades and Equipment List by Vincentman99
You can play Motherload 98 more times after you defeated the Devil aka Mr. Natas in levels. You also get a Devil's head for each time you kill him. So there are in total 99 levels.
Challenges are, as name suggests, are levels where you have a target to achieve. Every time challenge is completed, fuel is refilled, and hull is repaired. Also, every few challenges you get better equipment to make goal reachable. Completing all 12 gives a Multi-Drill if you start new game.
|2||3 Ironium and 3 Bronzium||1:20|
|4||Reach 600 feet||1:00|
|5||Reach 1400 feet||2:00|
|6||Reach 2400 feet and 5 Goldium||3:00|
|7||Reach 2500 feet and 5 Platinium||2:00|
|8||5 more Platinium||2:00|
|9||Destroy the rock layer at 2560 feet with dynamite||1:00|
|10||Navigate through 1st maze||1:00|
|11||Navigate through 2nd maze||2:00|
|12||Navigate through 3rd maze||5:00|
The pod cannot drill upwards.
- If you fly on a twelve-feet-high horizontal shaft,or anywhere with a ceiling, the height is raised +2ft, or in other words, -10ft below the soil above, but the propeller seems to penetrate the soil above.
- Gas Pockets seem to take impact after digging exactly 5 ft into it.(e.g. surface -5500, effect -5505)
- Lava Pockets actually deal damage TWO times seperately, meaning that if you press 'R' in between, there's a chance to survive it with a weaker hull(e.g. Bronzium). The total damage of the two 'sessions' is complete in one dig, which is explained in the article Dangers in game 'Motherload'.
- Stock Fan's efficiency is 0%.
- Rubies, Diamonds, and Amazonite may spawn at surface level at extremely rare occasions.
- If a gas pocket is spawned above -3000 ft, it may even act as a hull repair, but this has almost zero chance.
- It is safer to drill through lava when near the core, than to dig through blank soil(minerals are safest.)
- A rare glitch can be seen sometimes where a block of soil appears to be irregular, and once you get near or at it, it is revealed to be a mineral, or normal soil. Sometimes, it is just empty space.
- Informal testing from many players, claimed the existance of gas pockets as high as -3800 ft, but the officially confirmed highest is around -4,700 ft.
- If you die while fighting the boss, sometimes it will start all over again. The pod will be invisible, but smoke trails might be seen. If you take additional damage, you die naturally with the game over screen.
- If you enter the fighting arena, but do not beat the boss, the game might think it is still in fight mode, and the health bar will remain there, and the ground will shake with an evil laugh from Mr. Natas. You cannot check inventory. If you save, load again, then receive another message, this might happen again, and there is no way to fix this without beating the boss and loading a new level.
- There is an extremely rare glitch where, you beat the boss and the screen turns gold, but it wouldn't freeze and give you money for selling bits of the devil's parts. When this happens, you have to re-start the battle all over again.
- Motherload uses a round-down basis, which means Ironium will cost $0 after Level 31.
- The altimeter limit is not actually -5812 ft. It is -5812.5 ft, and since the game uses a round down basis(as mentioned above), it is possible to see '-5813 ft' in the altimeter when you hover just below the -5812 mark.
- A rare glitch can be found where the game lags whilst mining a block, and end up going through the block with intent to mine, and end up underneath.
- Flying upward into the sky results in no additional special events after the message from Mr. Dog at 10,000ft.: The background colors cycle through various shades and brightnesses of blue (from white to black, then back again), but no irregular or special events happen. (In just a matter of minutes, this user achieved an altitude of greater than +100000 ft in the sky and there was no altimeter malfunction throughout the flight; and note that this value is beyond the absolute value of the -66666 at which Satan is found.)